I would like to thank Liza from The Inharmonious Heroine for tagging me in this award!
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
🤎 Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
🤎 Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
🤎 Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
🤎 List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
(1) When did you start your blog?
I started my blog almost a year ago. I think I created my blog on the 14th of October but I only really started blogging in March when I was in lockdown. I also recently switched from Wix to WordPress which felt like a new beginning.
(2) What motivated you to start your blog?
I was a journalism student when I started my blog (I graduated recently) and I was figuring out what I wanted to do in life. I have always loved sharing my thoughts and opinions with people so reviewing books was the perfect thing to do.
(3) What is your absolute favorite thing about reading?
What I love about reading is the different worlds and universes you get to explore. I love to read about magical worlds or more technologically advanced planets. I feel like I sometimes get bored with our world and just want to disappear. It’s fun to read about things you can’t do or can’t experience in real life.
(4) If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I think I would choose sci-fi. I love the idea of aliens and space travel so much. Star Trek is also one of my favorite series.
(5) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The friends you make along the way and the new books you discover. I can step out of my comfort zone and try new genres I wouldn’t normally read. I also discover new authors that are great. When I was younger I only read books by famous authors and now I read a lot of debuts by ‘unknown’ authors. And the friends are awesome. I feel so honored when I’m tagged for a book award or book tag like this one. Sometimes I feel insignificant and I feel like my reviews don’t matter. I always think no one remembers my blog, but then I get tagged in book tags or people comment on my posts saying that they loved my review… and I just instantly become happy.
(6) What is something you wish you’d known before starting your blog?
I wish I’d known how hard it is to be a blogger. I have the privilege of receiving books and arcs (which I’m very grateful for) but every book I read, I review. It has been a while since I’ve read a book for myself without reflecting on my thoughts and opinions. I review every book I read because I need the content for my blog, but I also want to help readers by telling them if I liked the book or not. There is a balance between reading for fun and reading for your blog and I haven’t found it yet.
(7) What is your all-time favorite novel?
I actually don’t have one??? Like, I like and love a lot of books but there isn’t one that really stands out. Whenever people ask me what my favorite book is I literally can’t name one book haha.
(8) Who is your ultimate favorite author?
Marie Lu. Her books are the reason I got into reading again. They helped me deal with a lot of problems I had/have. She is so underrated.
(9) If you had to describe yourself using three literary characters, who would they be?
This is a hard question… I’d say Jude Duarte, Spensa Nightshade and June Iparis? There all strong and powerful girls with their opinion which I am as well (I think???). I have no idea to be honest haha.
(10) What advice do you have for beginner bloggers?
Take it one step at a time. Take a break if you have to. It’s okay if you don’t post every day or every week. It’s okay not to review every book you read. Keep in mind that you’re reading because you love to read. And be honest in your reviews, your opinion matters but try to do it respectfully. It is okay not to like a popular book!
(11) What’s your favorite post you’ve ever written?
Probably my post about the September releases I’m excited for or this post! I don’t know why but I absolutely love seeing which books are coming out every month. I used to post a weekly update on which YA books were coming out that week, but it was so much work and nobody really read those posts, so I stopped writing them. But now I’m doing it once a month and I’m only mentioning the books I’m excited for.
Bloggers I’d like to nominate:
🤎 Mònica from nightingfae
🤎 Erin from Reading On A Star
🤎 Tori from toritalksbooks
🤎 Becca from toastiebooks
🤎 Erin from rinsreads
🤎 Lili from Lili’s Blissful Pages
🤎 Ysa from Ysa, not Bella.
🤎 Finn from Evidently Bookish
🤎 Bertie from Luminosity Library
🤎 Gemma from a bookish blether
🤎 Bex from The Book Was Better
(1) How did you choose your blog name?
(2) What would you like to achieve with your blog?
(3) What are your favorite posts to write?
(4) Which character do you hate (or dislike) and why?
(5) Do you prefer paperbacks or hardbacks?
(6) Have you met any author?
(7) What is your favorite reading spot?
(8) Do you like sprayed edges on a book?
(9) What is a genre you don’t like at all?
(10) If someone asks you which book they should read, which book do you recommend?
(11) If you could become a character for one day, who would you want to be?