I found this book tag on The Melodramatic Bookworms blog and immediately wanted to do it! So here are my answers, feel free to answer them as well!
1. How many books are too many books for a series?
It depends! I like a trilogy when it benefits the plot. The fewer characters you have, the fewer books there should be, in my opinion. Take the Blood & Ash series for example. I feel like the third book didn’t add anything new to the story. But there are six books planned in the series. For me, that’s too much.
2. How do you feel about cliffhanger
I hate them and I love them. If it’s in a series, then yes, please! I will be mad, of course and will want to read the next book immediately. Which is even more frustrating if the next instalment only comes out a year later.
3. Hardcovers or paperbacks?
Hardcovers when I’m reading at home and paperbacks when I’m reading on the train!
4. Favourite book?
I have a couple… 😀
- The Blood Trials by N.E. Davenport
- The Lunar Chronicles (series) by Marissa Meyer
- Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco
- The Poppy War (series) by R.F. Kuang
5. Least favourite book?
Aurora Rising, oops I said it.
6. Love triangles – yes or no?
Not really, I get too sad for the other person who will eventually be left out. It just causes me stress that I don’t need!
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas. Why is it so long?
8. A book you are currently reading?
This Vicious Grace by Emily Thiede! Not sure if I’m loving it. It has some good elements, but I put it away a couple of days ago and just don’t feel the urge to pick it back up.
9. Last book you recommended to someone?
The Inivisble Life of Addie LaRue. It was to a friend I saw at the V.E. Schwab signing!
10. What is the oldest book you’ve read by publication date?
Dune by Frank Herbert.
11. What is the newest book you’ve read?
I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy!
12. Favourite author?
R.F. Kuang, V.E. Schwab, Kerri Maniscalco, N.E. Davenport… I have so many lol.
13. Buying books or borrowing books?
I love both! I love the feeling of going to the library and borrowing books, but I also love adding new books to my collection.
14. A book that you dislike that everybody seems to love?
… I don’t want to answer this question lol. But… The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. I just found it a bit boring?😳
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Bookmarks! Not only because I don’t like to damage my books, but I also love all the cute bookmarks.
16. A book you can always reread?
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. This series is such a comfort series for me. I will never not like it.
17. Can you read while listening to music?
Nope! I can’t concentrate with music on.
18. One point of view or multiple?
If all the views are as interesting as the other, then I would say multiple. I often find myself being bored while reading in the POV of one person though, so I think one POV is the safer option.
19. Reading a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Multiple days, definitely! I have had a hard time finishing books in one day since I started working. I used to dedicate a day to reading and just focus on my book. Now that I work full-time, I need some time off after work. I am a social media editor and have to write and read a lot of captions. It takes a lot of energy to read after work, so I usually try to listen to an audiobook.
20. Who do you tag?
becky @ Becky’s Book Blog
julie @ One Book More
chelsea @ Your Bookish Friend
ahaana @ Windows to Worlds
stacy, justin and nikole @ A Court of Coffee and Books Venus
cherry @ Letters To The Lost
alisha @ BOOKISH CORNERR
and of course anyone else that wants to do it!